Individual Yoga Sessions
What is involved?
Traditionally, Yoga was practised by students under the individual supervision of their teacher over a long period of time. For us, one to one sessions offer the opportunity to focus on particular areas of Yoga practice that may be of interest to you; and/or to address any specific issues that may be relevant. This leads to the design of a practice for you to take with you and use at home.
This process can be very helpful if you have been attending a group class and would now like to develop your personal practice further; or if either your other commitments or health make attending a group class impracticable. I normally suggest that people come along to a group class for a minimum of at least one term before beginning a home practice, but please make contact to discuss what is likely to suit you.
- Sessions last 1 hour (unless a longer session is agreed for an initial session).
- Fees for each session are charged at a rate of £35 per hour (£50 for an initial session of 1 ½ hours) if held at the Zed Yoga studio or online. If elsewhere, travel time and room hire will unfortunately mean higher rates. Please ask for details.
- All fees are payable at or before each session.
- Discounts may be available if you would like to book a series of sessions, by arrangement.
- Cancellations are possible without charge 24 hours or more in advance of the session; and re-scheduling can usually be accommodated with reasonable advance notice.
“Āsana [the physical practice of Yoga] is…the learning phase of a generalised skill in movement and action: it gives you the necessary reflexes for proper and efficient action in the game of life’’